How Long Should I Wear the Invisalign Attachments?

I've just gotten my second Invisalign tray today. My dentist placed 4 attachments on my front teeth, and I now have 17 trays all up. How long do I wear these attachments? They aren't the most attractive.

The attachments stay through your treatment

+1

If there are attachments prescribed in your invisalign treatment, they are there for a good reason. Certain teeth need the anchor of the attachments to help rotate them or to help extrude them. Your dentist should use a bonded attachment that is close to your tooth color so they blend in and are not very noticable.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

It's still better than metal brackets

+1

The attachments are necessary for certain movements. Remember the alternative - metal brackets and wires and threading floss. So hang in there, the result will be well worth the process (and the process could be much worse).

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Until your case is completed

+1

All of your aligner trays will grab onto those attachments.  They need to stay there until you complete the last aligner.  Then the dentist will remove them and make you a retainer.

Rochester Cosmetic Dentist