Will Invisalign Be a Good Thing for an 18 Year Old with a Crossbite?

I'm a teen who really doesn't want metal braces but I'm very interested in Invisalign? Could I get it with the structure of my teeth? I really would like to get this done soon! I'm almost 18 and I've put getting braces off for so long because I don't like them so what is the best solution for me to the perfect smile?? I only have a one tooth on the top and bottom and they are both pushed back! But my front tooth a shifted a little bit.

Interested in Invisalign for a Crossbite

+1

It has been my experience that correcting a back tooth cross bite is difficult with Invisalign. You will need xray to make sure that it isn't "Skeletal" vs "Dental"

There are things that can be done with a combo with Invisalign. Make sure to see an orthodontists

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Crossbite correction

+1

Your photo indicates that you do have a moderately severe bite problem.  I note that you say you want "the perfect smile".  The best way to get this is to visit an orthodontist who is highly trained at both Invisalign and braces.  He/she will be able to tell you exactly what would be needed to obtain that perfect smile.  And if you are only interested in Invisalign he/she will be able to inform you what Invisalign will be able to accomplish.  That way there will be no surprises.

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist

Invisalign for 18 year old with Crossbite

+1

Have a consultation with an Invisalign doctor. You would need X-rays and impressions sent to Invisalign to get the exact answer for your particular situation. There is no way to answer this question from the single photo you posted. It probably will work for you.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for correcting a cross bite

+1

Invisaling in general is a good system for moving and aligning the front teeth. From the images present it is impossible to tell how your overall bite fits tighter. Based on your overall problem an orthodontist can advise you if your problem can be corrected with Invisaling of if something stronger is needed.

Tanya Vaysman, DMD
New York Orthodontist