Is Invisalign Good at Closing Many Gaps?

My teeth are very straight, I just have a lot of spaces between them. My dentist says its from tongue thrust. Would would be my best opinion to close these gaps?

Invisalign from tongue thrust

+1

Closing the gaps is easy, but keeping them closed is a challenge. You will need to wear retainers to keep them closed, and if tongue thrust is involved, then get that treated as well. Otherwise, the spaces will open right back up.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is Great at Closing Gaps

+1

Discuss with your dentist the need for retainers, both fixed and removable, to keep the teeth from spreading apart again. Also, consider seeing a speech pathologist to help retrain you in your tongue thrust.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is great

+1

Closing the gaps is easy, but keeping them closed is a challenge.  You will need to wear retainers to keep them closed, and if tongue thrust is involved, then get that treated as well.  Otherwise, the spaces will open right back up.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for closing gaps

+1

Without some photos, it's hard to determine if invisalign is suitable for you.  Usually if there are gaps between straight teeth without any crowding in the same arch, closing these gaps with invisalign or even conventional braces may create an unattractive "tipped back" appearance of the front teeth which is also not very healthy for the jaw joints.  You should consult a dentist who does invisalign as well as other cosmetic procedures to give you all options.

Michael Firouzian, DDS
Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Gaps

+1

The closing of gaps it really very effective when using invisalign. Your Dr will also be able to show you a diagnostic set up before you start so you can see how your teeth will look after treatment

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist