Would Invisalign Be a Good Choice? (photo)

Hello I am wondering if Invisalign be a good option to fix my teeth. I also have a tongue thrusting problem that my ortho mention during initial consult.

Invisible braces, gaps, spaces, bonding

+1

To be concise, invisible braces are probably not the best solution for your cosmetic concerns.  Case selection is important, and it appears your case could be too complex for simple tooth movement with invisible/removable aligners.  In fact, even with conventional braces, those front spaces can be a challenge--and stubborn.  We have had very good, long-lasting success with bonding or porcelain veneers to fill the gaps and even spread out spacing so the front two teeth do not appear large in proportion to the adjacent teeth.

Mandeville Cosmetic Dentist

InvisAlign won't correct the underlying issue

+1

InvisAlign is a great product but diagnosis is a key component to the process. If you have a tongue thrust component, easiest it to work around as an adult rather than fit it. Use Invisalign to distribute the spaces evenly between your teeth and then have bonding or veneers to close the spaces in such a way that the teeth are properly proportioned..ie look like teeth! Rarely, closing the space make make you feel like you are suffocating  because you inhale through the upper space but you will know soon after you start InvisAlign. Good Luck!

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign can help

+1

Invisalign does a good job of closing spaces, but your orthodontist was right to raise concern about tongue thrust.  If that is the cause (likely) then the spaces will open up if it does not stop.  Plan on a retainer for the rest of your life and consider a speech therapist.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Tongue thrust and invisalign

+1

spaces are often the easiest problem to deal with when using Invisalign.  Your problem will not be in getting the spaces closed but keeping them closed!  Just plan on wearing some type of retainer at night FOREVER!

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.