Can Invisalign Be Used for Me when I've Had a Severely Broken Jaw and Broken Cheekbone?

I broke one of the growing bones on my upper left jaw a long time ago when a child and it never grew back properly so now I haveTMJ pain as well as some nerve pain. I have crowding of some of my front teeth, my canines stick out and look crooked and my arch is narrow. Due to my issues my dentist doesn't want to do full veneers to widen arch but says bonding could work. He also mentioned invisalign. Could invisalign help widen my arch and straighten or will it cause issues?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Invisalign Post-Trauma

+1

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your past trauma.  It is of great most importance that you get your TMJ attended to immediately.  Pain and lath of unction can only get worse if not treated and attended to properly.  TMJ pain can lead to headaches, neck pain. pack pain and poor sleep.  You should be seen by the closest Steven Olmos DDS center TMJSleepTherpycentre.com.  Your TMj issues must be resolved first and then your theeth should be moved to a position where the TMJ is at it's level of MMI (maximum medical improvement.  Most likely you will require conventional braces - but they can be clear of even o0n the inside (lingual).

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.