Can Invisalign Fix my Overcrowding and Overbite Problem? (photo)

I'm looking into getting Invisalign and I would like to know if it could fix my overcrowding problem. I also have an overbite and wanted to know if it would correct that as well. Thank you!!

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Will Invisalign work for you?

+2

I am a general dentist who has worked with brackets and invisalign.  While some people may tell you what you want to hear I would agree with Dr. Scott Frey below.  He has given you a very honest and tactful opinion.  It is refreshing to have colleagues that are not afraid to be honest with their patients.  I think the reshaping of your teeth would be excessive if you used invisalign and the results compromised.  Invisalign is appropriate up to a certain level of complexity and then braces are the much better option.  You may be a candidate for lingual braces on the top which don't show on the outside.  I would definitely seek multiple opinions for your case of qualified clinicians and listen carefully.  Look at before and afters.  You would be an excellent candidate for Periodontal Accellerated Osteogenic Orthodontics (invented by Wilcko and Wilcko).

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Will Invisalign work?

+2

We always invite our patients to come in for a complimentary cosmetic/invisalign consultation. The photos  provided are very helpful , but you need to know the benefits and disadvantage of Invisalign. Not every case can be done with Invisalign, but it cal also treat cases like yours. I will recommend for you to go and visit an orthodontist specialist, their consultations are free most of the time. Then you will know what is best for you.

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for your mouth

+2

From the photos you have supplied us it looks like invisalign may work for you.  It will help correct the crowding sand the overbite but the difficult part will be rotating the lower left canine.  This can prove difficult and frustrating for both you and the dentist.  Canines have the longest roots and can take a very long time to move them.  My suggestion would be to see a qualified invisalign provider in your area and get a consultation to determine all of your options. Good luck

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Might be a Stretch

+2

Given the amount of crowding and the positioning of your lower left canine, it will be a huge struggle to produce an outstanding result with Invisalign alone. The rotation of your upper left lateral incisor will also take some time (if the decision is to correct this with just aligners). Significant tooth reshaping will likely need to be done either way.

I think given where you are starting from you will get the best result from braces, specifically your smile arc (your teeth following the curvature of your lower lip when you smile) will be better. If you are dead set on aligners and you are willing to compromise on your smile arc, I think hybrid treatment of Upper Aligners and Lower Braces is something that might be the most manageable.

Getting a comprehensive treatment plan will require more photos, radiographs, and a consultation with your orthodontist, so all this is my best guess

Allentown Orthodontist

Invisalign may work for you

+2

Based on your photos, Invisalign may be able to help correct the crowding and overbite.  My main concern is how rotated your lower left canine is--- and this may be a difficult tooth for Invisalign to straighten to an ideal position.  Canines have the longest roots and can take longer for Invisalign to move.  This may slow down Invisalign treatment, or this tooth may not be able to be rotated to an ideal position with Invisalign.  

I would recommend you have an evaluation by a dentist with considerable Invisalign experience, so you can find out more about what Invisalign can do for your smile!

Dubuque Cosmetic Dentist