Will Invisalign Fix my Narrow Arches? (photo)

Will Invisalign Fix my Narrow Arches?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Narrow arches and Invisalign

+1

Great pictures.  Helps with the diagnosis.  Invisalign will be helpful in widening your arches a bit.  But it will only upright them and tilt them out a little.  Conventional braces with POAA (periodontally accelerated osteogenic orthodontics) will have a much mor significant and lasting result - but it's a lot to go through.  Veneers will also widen your arch.  Do have several consultations before making your decision.  You have a few good options.  Make sure you and your dentist are on the same page with expectations

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign widens narrow arches...teeth not feet!

+1

lol,,It works great for widening the arches. The case may need a mid course correction half way thru to widen even more but a very qualified dentist will know this trick....

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Will Widen Arches

+1

Not only will Invisalign work to widen your narrow arches (and broaden your smile) -- I did it on myself a few years ago.  I wear my retainers every night -- and the results are terrific.  I'll add the photos to my profile so you can see.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Widening arches with Invisalign

+1

Yes you can widen arches with Invisalign. It works by uprighting the teeth that are tipped in. Afterwards it is important to wear your retainers to maintain this, but I tell everyone who has braces or Invisalign to wear retainers long term. If you want to be absolutely sure nothing is going to shift, wear retainers. Invisalign has a great program for retainers that your dentist can explain.

You look like a great candidate for Invisalign!

East Aurora Cosmetic Dentist

Will invisalign fix my narrow arches

+1

In general arch form is pretty well determined in adults.  Although either braces or Invisalign can expand the arches to some degree, large scale expansion is always unstable and limited...anyone who tells you different needs to show you the long-term studies that show otherwise.

Saint Louis Orthodontist