Can Invisalign Fix my Crowded Lower Teeth? (photo)

My wisdom teeth have just started coming in and my lower teeth are starting to get crowded. Could they be corrected with invisalign and also how long would it take approximately? I have an ortho appointment scheduled for November 21st, but I want to get an opinion prior.

Can Invisalign Fix Crowded Lower Teeth?

+1

Invisalign will take care of your crowded teeth, any orthodontist procedure will be a great option for you. Your case can take from 8-10 months of treatment with Invisalign, this is a very poor estimate because you will get a better answer with a orthodontic consultation. In our office we do Six Month Smiles clear braces, and it does take only six month for treatment. 
Six Month SmilesĀ® utilizes specialized clear braces to gently straighten and align teeth in an average time of just six months.

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Can Invisalign fix my lower teeth?

+1

Yes Invisalign can fix the lower teeth. But You should also address the upper teeth. Upper arch expansion may help alleviate upper and lower crowding at the same time.

Wisdom teeth rarely cause anterior crowding.

Raj Kumar, BDS, LDSRCS
London Cosmetic Dentist

The question needs to be changed... Invisalign does not fix anything

+1

Invisalign is an orthodontic technique just like regular braces.  If you give braces to someone who does not know how to use them, you will find that your won't end up with straight teeth.  The same applies to Invisalign.

The question should be "Can you fix my teeth using Invisalign?".  It is a small but subtle difference.  That being said, your crowded lower incisors look like they can be aligned using Invisalign, as long as you are working with an experienced provider.  Being a certified Invisalign provider does not necessarily mean experienced FWIW.

Jason K. Tam, DDS
Toronto Orthodontist

Invisalign CAN Correct Your Crowded Lower Teeth

+1

In fact, it will also correct the poor alignment of your upper teeth as well. Your dentist/orthodontist might also suggest you have your wisdom teeth extracted.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Yes, Invisalign would work for you.

+1

Your teeth can easily be treated with Invisalign.

I've treated many patients with the same teeth as yours, and from what I can see it would take less than 8 months.  

Hope that answers your question. 

Dr. Alper

Steve Alper, DMD
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign can correct your crowding

+1

Absolutly, invisalign will address your issue. Your wisdom teeth are not to blame, the crowding is due to your normal growth. Based on your picture, you seem to have an overjet which could indicate that your lower jaw may be retrusive (less advanced than the upper jaw). That could take extra time to address, but the overall case should take from 18 to 24 months.

Good luck!

Ba Khoa Nguyen, DDS
Montreal Cosmetic Dentist

Can invisalign fix my lower crowding?

+1

short answer...YES!

by the way your wisdom teeth probably don't have anything to do with your crowding!  Lower teeth often start to crowd late teens early twenties, just when the wisdom teeth tend to come in. It is a logical fallacy.... confusing correlation with causation or, as the ancient Romans use to say: "post hoc ergo propter hoc"  

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist