Will Invisalign Fix These Multiple Large Gaps? (photo)

I'm a 27 year old male seriously considering Invisalign treatment. I had straight baby teeth but some complications with my adult teeth replacing them meant that they had to be pulled to make way. I believe this is why my adult teeth are currently as gappy as they are. They are very gappy, with some protrusion of the front teeth, but they seem to be in the same plane. Would Invisalign be suitable enough to straighten my teeth out or would I need regular braces?

Invisalign for Multiple Large Gaps

+3

Invisalign might be very suitable. No matter what type of orthodontics/invisalign treatment you go thru, you might still need some cosmetic bonding at the end  to fully close any remaining gaps.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign to Close Front Gaps

+2

You may be surprised how much space Invisalign can close.  As an orthodontist, we prefer to close all the spaces, as long as it keeps your teeth within the bone that supports it.  In that way, you avoid having to have additional treatments with vanners/bonding/porcelain to close the gaps.  

Also, by closing the spaces, you will help the protursion, by bringing back your teeth.  The trick here will be to hold them back, as your body likes your teeth to be where they currently are.  This will require lifetime retention to make sure the spaces to not open up. 

My suggestion is to seek the advise of a certified orthodontist (specialist) who has a good amount of experience with Invisalign before you have any restorative work done (vaneers, crowns, porcelain).  After a full assessment (which would include xrays), you will be able to have a better picture of what can be done orthodontically. 

Shervin Abbaszadeh, DDS
Toronto Orthodontist

Invisalign versus braces for large gaps

+2

Looking at the photo, Invisalign is indeed possible. That being said, either form of orthodontics cannot reliably close all your spaces. You will need bonding or veneers afterwards. So the real question is "how much different with the ortho make or should I go straight to filling the spaces?" It appears to me that a little bit of ortho would help the two lower front teeth to be straighter but after that, ortho will improve the end result a bit but the bonding or porcelain will be the big thing. Some people call it instant ortho.

Robert Penning, DMD
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist