Am I Getting Invisalign Express?

I just started on invisalign and the quote i was paying indicated an estimate treatment time of 18 months. But my aligner bag indicates invisalign express and tray 1 of 10. am i getting ripped off? Or could there be an error? In my initial consultation, I was told that I have crowding in both top and lower bites and excessive horizontal & vertical overlap along with protruding upper jaw.

Invisalign Express is 10 aligners or less

+1

If you were told you would be in treatment for 18 months, this would be considered NOT short term or Express treatment.  Sometimes treatment for a single arch is shorter than the other arch.  An example would be if the uppers were done in 10 aligners, but the lower needed 20, the packages would read differently.  The case is a normal or full case, not Express for the upper and full for the lower.

Web reference: http://www.bestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign express is not consistent with an 18 month treatment time

+1
Invisalign Express is for minor tooth movement and tends to be used in cases requiring 10 aligners or less, and with an estimated time of 8-9 months. Invisalign Express is not consistent with a treatment time of 18 months. I would recommend that you speak with your orthodontist as he/she will be able to clarify the situation.
New York Orthodontist

10 aligners= 5 months on average

+1

If the bag say Express, you're getting Express.  This may have nothing to do with getting "ripped off" as long as your issues are addressed during treatment.  Your doctor may have other plans for helping correct your malocclusion that you are not aware of.

Speak to your doctor to discuss how long your treatment is going to take, and what assurances you will have regarding your satisfaction with the end result.

Good luck!

Toronto Orthodontist