Invisalign Express for Minor Spacing?

I had braces a while back but of course, like most teenagers, didn't wear my retainers. Now two of my teeth, the one's I'd initially had a problem with, have spaced out. It's something very minor but I'm still not pleased. I'm looking into getting Invisalign Express but would like to know if you think I'd qualify. The spacing is in my lateral incisors. Let me know what you think.

Invisalign Express works great for minor tooth movement

+2

From the looks of your teeth, you would likely qualify for Invisalign Express. There are a lot of variables to consider and you should consult someone live. I would recommend a cosmetic dentist who can evaluate the lateral incisors which appear to be small anyway. With a conservative veneer, you may be able to achieve the desired smile result and the balance of where your teeth "want" to be will be maintained meaning you may not need a retainer.

A good cosmetic dentist could "mock up" the lateral incisors to show you what that may look like. The whole treatment may be less than Invisalign Express anyway.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express is great for minor crowding!

+1

Remember though that a patient needs to fall within the parameters to be approved for express treatment. That is determined by invisalign and also the requested movements from your Dentist. He can MAKE it work for you as long as he writes it up that way. Some patients dont demand a perfect smile in 5 months and if thats the case then the Dr can reduce tooth movements and qualify for express. Dr Thomas

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express is great for mild relapse

+1

It appears that it should work fine. It looks like not only is there some space, but the laterals are tipped forward a bit. As long as you lower teeth are not in the way, Invisalign should be able to move them back in. I also notice in your picture that the upper lateral incisors appear to be a little small compared to the other teeth. So it may mean some dental bonding or veneers may be needed to completely close the spaces and keep them closed.

Doug Depew, DMD
Atlanta Orthodontist

2 options for closing spaces in your smile

+1

Invisalign will work to move these teeth back into position. Since these teeth are significantly smaller than ideal, you could also look into using no-prep or min-prep UltraVeneers to perfect your smile. Then you wouldn't have to worry about wearing retainers...

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express can only TRULY be determined from the Invisalign Lab

+1

The way things work, impressions are taken and sent to Invisalign. After the CAD/CAM design and plan, the computer guesses how many aligners are needed, and if 10 or less are planned, then Express is charged.

My GUESS would be that yes, you would qualify. But there is no guarantee until Invisalign gets the impressions.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express will be great

+1

Hi,

From the picture you sent me it seems like invisalign express will be able to close the space on your upper teeth. I did not see a picture of your bite, but you may have to do treatment on the lower as well so that your bite is correct once the upper spaces are closed.

I hope this is helpful!

Dr. Hricko

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist