Invisalign Express After Braces and Retainer?

I had Braces and a retainer when I was younger, but my teeth have shifted since then. One tooth in particular really bothers me. I don't need my teeth to be perfect, but I'd prefer if that tooth was aligned with the rest.

Invisalign express sounds like it would be cheaper which would be much better for me at this time.

Invisalign Express for relapsed teeth

+2

The biggest challenge you will face with Express is the limitation on the number of trays you will receive. 10 is the limit and it is only possible to move a tooth a certain distance with one tray. This is difficult to assess until the case has been submitted.  

I never charge for records when the patient is commited to Invisalign so I take the impressions and submit the case to see if it is Express or Full. If the patient books for one or the other, no records fee will be assessed, but if they don't do any treatment, I charge $200 to cover time and materials. I bet you could find a provider to do that for you.  If you don't mind the gamble of losing $200 to "see" if Invisalign Express is possible, you could try that, if you are committed to either one, then you wouldn't lose anything.

Sometimes a case will come back with 12 trays and I will tell them to modify the plan and get it down to 10. They can usually do that, especially if you are fine with an "almost perfect" result.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign works great for rebounded crooked teeth

+1

The reason it works so well is patient compliance and ease of use. With the aligners you are able to eat anything you want and still floss your teeth. Also the retainers that you get at the end of treatment are just like your aligners or trays so there's no adjustment period to new retainers or ugly wires that show. Go for it!!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is fantastic for orthodontics the second time around

+1

Often the major work is done with traditional braces, but due to lack of retainer use, the teeth have shifted. It is common that the work needed to put things back is fairly minor.

The challenge is guessing if Express is going to work, and that is never known until submitted to Invisalign. Records to be submitted are charged a fee, but that is usually included if a person is committed to the case. "Curiosity costs extra."

Express also does not allow "mid course correction" so if teeth don't move as planned there is no way to fix it. You get what you get.

I would suggest an office consultation.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

You surely can use Invisalign Express to move one tooth

+1

You surely can use Invisalign Express to move one tooth.

Please just be aware, Invisalign issues only 10 aligners for an Express case. Clin Check (software, which is used to project an end result before actual movement of the teeth) can show you and a doctor the tooth position at the end of the treatment. Whatever result you will achieve with those 10 aligners, that is where most likely you will end up. You can use Express Invisalign if you think you will be happy with such limited results.

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign consult

+1

Hi,

I would suggest that you see an orthodontist for a consult. Invisalign Express is for minor tooth movement and is just a shorter course of invisalign. It is hard to tell from the picture but it seems that you may need more tooth movement than Invisalign Express will accomplish to align those front teeth.

If you are going to invest in Invisalign I would recommend doing it the right way with the treatment that is best to get your teeth properly aligned. I do not think you would be happy with your teeth 70% straight. A consult with an orthodontist who is a Preferred Invisalign Provider will be able to give you guidance as to what course of Invisalign is best for you as well as your treatment time and expectations.

New York Orthodontist