Invisalign Aligners for Both Top and Bottom Teeth?

Is it common to just get invisalign on the top teeth or do you have to get them on both top and bottom?

Invisalign cost always includes upper and lower trays

+3

While you may not feel you require movement in only one arch, the Invisalign product costs the same to your provider whether you are doing one or two arches. There is almost always something that can be done to improve the opposing arch.

My recommendation to all of our patients is to wear aligners on both arches since there is little difference in comfort between single or dual arch treatment, no difference in cost, and will provide benefit to both arches.

Toronto Orthodontist

You may treat one or two arches

+3

Every invisalign case is unique and some only require treatment on one arch (upper or lower). This will be determined at your consultation visit, so be open minded because even though one arch may look perfect to you, there might need to be some invisalign trays on both arches to correct certain situations such as your bite, etc

New York Cosmetic Dentist

In some cases only the top or bottom is necessary

+2

Invisalign is great in circumstances in which the teeth have minor crowning or spacing. In these cases in which there is only minor changes to be made, single arch invisalign may be adequate to achieve the results you are looking for.

However, if there is more severe crowding or spacing both arches may be necessary to achieve the results and have the teeth come together properly.

Typically single arch Invisalign works in cases in which only the anterior teeth have minor crowding or spacing issues.

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Options for Invisalign on Top and Bottom Teeth

+1

Invisalign does offer the option of having one dental arch treatment only. However, I have found that it is not advisable. When you are changing the positions of teeth on one arch only, there will be a very good chance that, at the end of treatment, the treated arch will no longer occlude (fit) well against the opposing arch of teeth. I always advise my patients to consider dual arch treatment only.

New York Orthodontist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.