Invisalign and Dental Implants. Adverse Effects?

I have a crown and a dental implant, will invisalign treatment have any adverse effects on these (both lower jaw, I've paid such a lot for them (over £3000) that I don't want them ruined.

Invisalign over implants is fine and dandy...

+2

No problem at all the Dr will tell invisalign to not move the implant tooth and the aligner is built over it but does not attempt to move the implant.... Easy!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and Implant

+2

No worries. You can definetely have Invisalign treatment done in a presence of implant. The matter in fact, in some cases, I prefer to have them as an anchorage to move the other teeth, and finish treatment more effectively. As long as that tooth is in a right position (imoplant can not be moved being integrated into the bone), you are in a good shape.

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is okay with implant crowns but implant won't move

+2
You can use invisalign with implant crowns. The implant crown will not be able to be moved since it is fixed in the bone, but the other teeth can move around it.
New York Orthodontist

Implants aren't damaged from Invisalign

+1

While they won't be damaged, they also won't move.  At all.

Implants make great anchors for leverage, especially with Invisalign.  Invisalign is a gentle process and won't damage the crown or implant.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/html/invisalign-seattle.html

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.