Invisalign for Crowded and Fanged Teeth?

I'm getting married in June next year and I would like straight teeth for my pictures and for the rest of my life!

I have pretty crowded bottom teeth and some crowding and "fang" looking teeth on top. I also have a partial filling on one of my bottom molars. I would love to use Invisalign and wondering if my teeth will benefit from it?

Yes!! Go for it

+2

Sounds to me that your teeth would ABSOLUTELY benefit from Invisalign.

Invisalign makes a huge difference in photography of teeth because it's all about how the light is reflected from in to the camera lens. Have straight teeth gives uniform color appearance. Conversely, if you have some that are hidden behind other teeth (i.e. crooked) then they can sometime appear 'darker' in pictures due to the shadowing of your other teeth. This is due to the decreased light that is reflected back from them to the camera. Confused yet ? :-)

Moral: It'd make a huge difference. Ask your dentist to give you some whitening gel too and "straighten and whiten" at the same time

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for crowding

+1

Invisalign may be a great option for straightening your teeth for your upcoming wedding photos. As far as the "fangs" it could be a combination of how the teeth are sitting in relation to each other as well as the shape of the teeth. After the teeth are straightened, it's not unusual to do a little reshaping of the teeth to soften edges and give a more uniform appearance. You should talk to your dentist about what your concerns are so that you will know whether Invisalign alone will give you the result you want.

Gerilyn Alfe, DMD
Chicago Cosmetic Dentist