Invisalign: Cost Vs. Benefit?

I had standard metal braces for over 3 years for an overbite, but after I still had an overbite. 3 yrs later, I had my wisdom teeth removed, and my teeth shifted. Now my teeth are crooked, and (I'm not sure) but my overbite seems to have gotten worse. I still get complimented a lot that I have a nice smile, and I really hated my braces experience. I wonder if Invisalign is a viable option, as I do not want to have metal braces again.

Invisalign for crowding and overbite

+1

You are definitely a good candidate for Invisalign. Your crowded lower teeth can definitly be straightened with Invisalgn and your overbite will greatly improve.

San Diego Cosmetic Dentist

Cost / benefit for Invisalign

+1

You have an interesting case. I'm not sure why your overbite was not corrected with the traditional braces since braces are the most effective way we have of correcting overbites.  Nevertheless, you now have rotated front teeth which Invisalign is good at correcting, so it looks like Invisalign is an option for you at this point.  I suggest that you visit an orthodontist who is experienced using both braces and Invisalign to get an ideal of what sort of improvement you can expect.

Seattle Orthodontist

Invisalign benefits

+1

Sure, there are other options out there for straightening your teeth, but none offers the level of comfort, convenience and confidence that you'll find with Invisalign. And no matter what stage you're at in life, you'll appreciate how our cutting-edge approach to treatment has minimal interference in how you live, but has a significant positive impact on how you look and feel about .Effectively treats a wide variety of cases, including crowding, spacing, crossbite, overbite and underbite.While the end results may appear the same—a confident, beautiful smile—when you stop and actually compare Invisalign to other teeth-straightening options, the advantages become quite apparent. Knowing the pros and cons of each option ahead of time will help you make a more confident .Of course, there’s always the option of not seeking treatment at all. Ultimately, the choice is yours, but do keep in mind that, if left untreated, many orthodontic issues can often lead to more serious dental and health issues.

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is great "the second time around"

+1

Often the challenging rotations have been accomplished with the traditional wires the first time orthodontics were done, and the remaining situation is easier to handle.  Invisalign is great in these situations, but does have its limits.

Changing the overbite is a challenge with Invisalign.  It may be improved SOME, but it may not be as good as traditional methods.  Find an experienced Invisalign dentist or orthodontist to help guide you.  Your goals and expectations will determine if Invisalign is an option.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign will work great!

+1

I've been treating Invisalign patients for the the last 8 years.  The reson why your overbite is getting worse is because of the crowding on the bottom teeth.  In order for the crowding to be resolved the Invisalign clear appliances will slowly expand and round out the arch.  When the lower teeth are moved forward into a regular arch form, this in turn will bring your upper and lower front teeth closer resulting in less of an overbite.  Invisalign is painless, efficient and better periodontally for your teeth than regular braces.  I believe you should go for it!

San Diego Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is a great treatment of choice to straighten teeth

+1

After reviewing the photos you submitted, Invisalign seems to be a treatment you can consider.... to make a definite treatment plan, I would need to see complete photos (8) and impression records of your mouth..I understand that you do not want metal braces, I have gotten great results with my patients with similar dental issues to yours and you should move forward to treatment    Dr Debra Glassman

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign may be an option for you

+1

From your photos, (which do not give the full picture of your bite and occlusion) it seems like invisalign may me an option for you. You have a moderate amount of crowding and it seems like your case may be a moderately difficult invisalign case so I would recommend seeing an orthodontist who has experience with invisalign to treat your case and give you the best treatment options. Invisalign may not be able to fully correct your overbite but an experienced orthodontist can tell you what invisalign can and can't accomplish and give you realistic treatment goals.

New York Orthodontist