Will Invisalign Correct my Problem of Overcrowded Teeth?

My dentist referred me to an orthodontist that has a lot of expierience with the Invisalign treatment system. I asked him if he could fix my overcrowded teeth and he siad it will not be a problem at all.

Class II, division 2 molar relationship Ø Space available for upper teeth is insufficient Ø Space available for the lower teeth is insufficient Ø Lower front teeth are too far behind upper front teeth Ø Upper/lower teeth overlap excessively

Invisalign is the clear choice to correct crowded teeth.

+2

No question about it - Invisalign works great to correct crowded teeth. Improvements in the technology have allowed experienced orthodontists to treat increasingly complex problems. That progression will take another leap forward with the next generation  of planning software and aligner design. The release of Invisalign G# takes place October 11th so you are just in time to get your treatment started! 

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Invisalign for difficult situations

+2

Invisalign has progressed in its effectiveness for more difficult crowding and bite problems. As with any medical or dental procedure, you want a doctor with significant experience and it sounds as though you have that Orthodontist. Keep in mind a complex case may require additional aligners and other adjunct techniques. You should have confidence Invisalign will give you the desired results.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign works great for crowded teeth!

+2

From the pix provided I can see that your teeth are leaning backwards towards your tongue and palate,so once they are pushed forward it will make a lot of room for your other teeth to move into place nicely. Same with your lower teeth. I like invisalign because they are the most comfortable way to straighten teeth and dont inhibit good hygiene...Dr thomas

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for Class 2, div 2

+2
This is a difficult invisalign case, and it is possible but you must be aware of the limitations as well as the very long treatment time. It is hard to tell from your photos but it looks like it is possible to correct your crowding and align your teeth with some slenderizing of the teeth. There may be limitations to the amount of Class 2 correction you can achieve, ie. your teeth may be straight but your bite might not be ideal. Wearing elastics may help with this. Your treatment time with invisalign will be longer than with fixed braces. As long as you are patient and willing to accept some compromises, then Invisalign should be fine. If you want perfection and a shorter treatment time, then fixed braces are a better option.
New York Orthodontist

+2

You are a great candidate for INVISALIGN. Looking at a picture you supplied, yes, you have a lot of crowding, but, no worries, I expect at least in my office,  a great results in a sense of resolving your crowding.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Ayzin

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.