Can Invisalign Correct an Overjet and a Crossbite?

My top teeth protrude out and over my bottom teeth. I cant tell how many mm the space between them is because my two front top teeth are diagonal and touching my bottom front teeth because of my lips pushing down on them. My top teeth cover my bottom teeth but not completey (i think thats normal). The crossbite is very small and barely noticeable. I dont really care about my crossbite because you cant see my bottom teeth when i smile. Are braces necessary to fix this? Cant i just get invisalign?

Invisalign over braces is a good decision.

+1

For a case like your I would think that Invisalign is the way to go. Braces are bulky and hard to wear. Invisalign is easy to snap in and out and doesnt affect your life or looks much. Cross bites are very traumatizing to the teeth and gums and I always suggest to my patients to get them fixed.. You'll be happier over the long haul..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

+1

Invisalign is good at correcting anterior crossbites and will help improve overjet and overbite situations.  Consult with a experienced invisalign provider and have them explain the benefits of ideal alignment of the teeth. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Salazar 

missiontrailsdentistry.com

James D. Salazar, DDS
San Diego Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is a technique, not a product

+1

The question shouldn't be whether Invisalign an correct and overjet and a crossbite.  This is like asking if a  tennis racquet can win you Wimbledon.

Invisalign is another orthodontic technique where results should be at the same level of quality as with braces.  The types of issues that can be corrected will be determined by the skill level and experience of the person using the Invisalign to treat you.

Crossbites and overjets can be corrected using Invisalign.  That being said, these are more advanced levels of correction that not all "certified" providers will be able to work with.  The key is to understand that your final results will depend on the doctor who will treat the issue.  In other words, the correct question to ask your doctor is "Can you use Invisalign to correct XYZ?".  Good luck!

Jason K. Tam, DDS
Toronto Orthodontist