Can Invisalign Correct a Misaligned Bite?

I want to get invisalign to fix crowding but my back teeth don't align. I know the top teeth should slightly overlap the bottom but my molars are straght on top of each other instead. Would i need an expander on top jaw?

Bite correction is the job of an orthodontic SPECIALIST

+1

Stating that Invisalign or any other technique can fix your bite from only a brief description is inappropriate.  Invisalign is great at moving teeth in certain ways, but has its limitations in many types of bite corrections.  By visiting an orthodontist who has the extensive training and ALL the tools of tooth movement and bite correction at their disposal, you will have a true assessment of what is possible and best for correcting your bite.  And the good thing is, most offer complimentary consulations.

Atlanta Orthodontist

Invisalign can expand your arch

+1

Arch expanders dont work well for adults because the bone is harder and the palate is fused. Invisalign can tip the teeth outword and correct the edge to edge bite that you have given it falls within the parameters.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Orthodontist says...Invisalign is NOT a good option for bite correction

+1

If you want bite correction, Invisalign is NOT a good option.  If you simply want to straighten your teeth, Invisalign is perfect. 

I support the use of Invisalign by general (cosmetic) dentists for tooth alignment, however, patients are being misled if they are told that Invisalign can replace what braces, an expander or jaw surgery can accomplish in terms of bite correction. 

Do your research and make an informed decision about your treatment plan.  With Invisalign, you may find a more comfortable bite, but the reality that it will correct things fully is unlikely.

Best of luck.

Todd Barnett, DMD
Akron Orthodontist

Invisalign can align bites

+1

Sometimes it is simply minor tooth movement that allows everything to line up.  It is possible that Invisalign is the perfect solution to your situation.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign: A Nice Option for Bite Correction

+1

Invisalign is a good option for aligning your bite.  Your molars are what we call end-to-end and the Invisalign is able to expand the upper arch to bring the teeth into better alignment.  My bite was significantly off for years and last year I did Invisalign on myself to correct my bite.

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist