Can Invisalign Close my Open Bite? (photo)

I am 16 and had braces twice. I also had a pallet expander before my first set of braces. I developed an open bite due to thumb sucking and don't want to wear braces again, especially not in high school. I was hoping since it is pretty minor, if Invisalign could close my open bite?

Open bite closure with Invisalign

+1

Digit sucking can create an open bite as well as increase facial length.

Invisalign with anterior attachments can pull down the front teeth to reduce or close the open bite, but you may have all the teeth and gums showing when you smile. This can look a little odd.

You should ask your dentist as to how the front upper teeth will sit in relation to your smile line at the end.

There is no point in closing the bite if at the end you have very long teeth visible on smiling.

London Cosmetic Dentist

Open bite

+1

The main concern is not invisalign or braces but to find out why there is an open bite. Is it dental or bone related or a combination of both. When the records are taken your Dr will tell you the best course for your issues. Openbites are always difficult. The key to success is a proper plan by your orthodontist and you understanding what you must do and what you can expect

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist