Can Invisalign Close Lower Molar Extraction Space?

More than 20 years after my lower right first molar has been removed, I've decided to fix it. The situation: 2nd and 3rd molar are tilt ed forward and non the space is 5mm at the top and 10mm at gum. My dentist suggest me to use orthodontic approach: move backwards from canine to premolars (canine is overlapped for a out 2/3mm over incisive) and straighten and tanslate the Two molars to nearly close the gap. He tells invisalign is the right option. I ask your opinion. Thanks.

Closing lower molar extraction

+1

Molar teeth are the hardest teeth to move, so it is something out of realm of what Invisalign can do. You would need something much more efficient.

New York Orthodontist

Invisalign to close molar extraction site?

+1

Long standing molar extraction sites are hard to close with any orthodontic treatment.  We always like to push the limit with what Invisalign can do and even then I would not attempt this...you will need fixed appliances

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign to close molar extraction site

+1

Invisalign alone will not be sufficient to upright tilted molars and close extraction site. If you're seeing an orthodontist, he or she may be able to use standard orthodontics or may use Invisalign along with adjunct techniques to solve problem. Photos will help to see the extent of the problem. 

Hema Patel, DDS
Fremont Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign to Close Extraction Site

+1

In my opinion, Invisalign would have a difficult time uprighting molars and closing extraction sites. It might work in conjunction with standard orthodontics in the hands of an orthodontist.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist