Will Invisalign Close in Gap Caused by Baby Tooth Extraction? (photo)

I'm 18 years old and I'm considering getting invisalign. My ortho said that I have a baby tooth right next to my upper left canine, and that is why my canine grew higher than my other teeth and pushed my front 2 teeth to the right causing misalignment. He said I would need to extract my baby tooth in order for my canine to have space to move down. My question is weather invisalign can actually close in that gap? and shift all my teeth to their position? I will include pictures as well.

Invisalign

+1

Your case can be done with Invisalign, just keep in mind it can take longer that expected. With traditional braces it can take less time and be more predictable. There are many options for traditional braces that are less visible, go for orthodontic consultation, most of the time are complimentary. At the end you need to be happy with your decision

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign to tip high canine into alignment and correct midline shift

+1

As far as high canine orthodontic cases go, yours appears tailor-made for Invisalign:

• Canine root is in the right spot
  • As the aligners tip the canine crown back, it naturally moves down and into the space
  • The other front teeth are leaning to the right and would straighten as they move left

Expect to wear attachments on some of the teeth, may need elastics to help center the bite with the Invisalign.

Rob van den Berg, DDS, MS
San Ramon Orthodontist

Invisalign to Close Gap Caused by Baby Tooth Extraction

+1

You don't really want to close the gap caused by the baby tooth extraction. If anything, you will probably have to widen the gap in order to make room for your permanent canine to come down and back intoi that gap. I am not an orthodontist, but with my experience with Invisalign, it is NOT the ideal way to treat this type of situation. Standard braces will be more effective.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign to move cuspid and align after primary removal

+1

As you can see there are lots of opinions about your case.  Thanks for the pictures.  They are very helpful.  Xrays are also needed to determine the possibilities, but at your age Invisalign should work to both align your front teeth correctly and bring the cuspid into place.  Check with an Invialign provider to get the particulars, but I think barring anything unusual seen on the xrays that your case will work very well with Invisalign.

Scott LeSueur, DDS
Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Straightening "high" canines with invisalign

+1

Invisalign would make a significant improvement but I don't think it will give you the ideal result that you're looking for.  You would be better off going with clear braces.  The result will be faster, more predictable, and much more stable long-term.

Michael Firouzian, DDS
Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for `high' positioned canine and over retained baby tooth

+1

Invisalign may work if used with some buttons and bands; however it may not be as predictable as braces. Please consult an experienced (Invisalign experience) orthodontist if you decide on using Invisalign treatment. Otherwise braces will be pretty straight forward and work well for your case.

Hema Patel, DDS
Fremont Cosmetic Dentist

"high" canine and invisalign

+1

straight invisalign might not work ideally but an experienced Invisalign user could use some simple tricks with a few well placed buttons to treat your problem without "braces"

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign can be slow

+1

There are pros and cons with the time Invisalign takes, but in this case traditional brackets and wires is likely more predictable.  A lot of torque and force is needed, which may exceed what Invisalign was designed for.  That is not to say it can't be done, but you need to decide how far you want to push the technology.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist