If Invisalign Chewies Are Not Used Everyday, Will Alignment Be Dramatically Delayed?

Why isn't just pushing my Invisalign in with my fingers good enough?

No, as long as the trays are seated properly

+1

The most important time to use the chewies with Invisalign is when you start a new set of trays. The purpose of the chewies is to make certain the aligners are fully seated so that they allow for the optimum movement of your teeth. It is not important and necessary to use them everyday as long as the trays are seated properly but when changing to a new set of trays, the chewies will help the aligners seat best on your teeth to aid in achieving the best possible tooth movement.

New York Orthodontist

Invisalign Chewies

+1

Short Answer: It is not likely that slackin with your chewies will do anything dramatically.

Long Answer: You doctor has chosen those for you to help insure you get the most out of your treatment as possible. I don't carry them in my office. As far as I know Align recommends biting on hard things approximately 30 min a day can be beneficial. Squeezing and holding the squeeze. NOTHING replaced good wear. I don't feel fingers are forceful enough, though better than nothing. Pens or hi lighters are effective also.

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign chewies

+1

I recommend using the chewies most at the beginning of each set of new trays, typically for the first few days. As far as I know, there is no magic "chewy formula" that guarantees more successful tooth movement with invisalign. The chewies help seat the aligners and engage the attachments so that the teeth are more engaged and can move more effectively. When using the chewies, one should squeeze into them and hold for a few seconds, and then release. This is more effective than using your fingers.

New York Orthodontist