How Might Invisalign Change Mouth or Face Shape After Closing Multiple Gaps?

I have multiple gaps both upper and lower and have a slight overbite, but the issue is the gaps. I am concerned about lip and face shape changes after pushing top teeth back and closing all gaps. Will the distance between my nose and top lip become longer, or will my lips get flatter? What about my cheeks or chin? I am a 37 year old female and am worried how my look may change. I was told that it wouldn't be noticeable, but I don't see how that's possible if you are closing so many gaps!

Facial changes are usually unnoticable with Invisalign

+1

The gaps will be closed by pushing the teeth together and pulling them back slightly. If anything it should give you a nice lip line that is more symetrical and when you smile your upper lip will not have a tendency to roll up over your teeth. I've always seen an improvement in lip line following gap closures and overbite correction.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Facial changes are minimal from minor orthodontics

+1

While one may feel that there was a dramatic or drastic change in an upgraded appearance, most facial shape and profile changes are hard to notice by others.

At some point one must "pick your poison" and decide which outcome is more desireable, an altered profile or living with gaps.

I have never seen anyone complain about the side effects of closing gaps. 

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist