Will Invisalign Change Face Structure?

I'm 24 and I don't have a perfect smile like most of the girls in the United States since I didn't have braces when I was little girl. I want to do braces but also consider Invisalign. Will it change my face's structure also?

Invisalign probably won't change the facial structure

+2

Sometimes there are some beneficial side effects to dental care that were not planned or anticipated, such as vertigo elimination with TMJ treatment and the like. While a beautiful smile changes a persons appearance in many ways, overall facial structure usually is not affected.

Occasionally, some minor changes do occur, but they tend to be happy coincidences. I would not PLAN on a change in facial structure, but I would not be surprised if there were some anyway.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

May change in a pleasant way

+1

Whether or not being treated with Invisalign will change the structure and look of your face will depend on many factors. For example, if you have very protrusive top teeth (often referred to as buck teeth), your proļ¬le may change for the better when you use Invisalign to retract those teeth. In addition, sometimes there is a need to expand both the upper and lower dental arches to better align the teeth and relieve crowding. When this is done, there is often a pleasant change to the lower face by showing better support for the lips. The change in structure that you refer to is most always a pleasant change and not a detraction. Most adults feel that they have achieved results that are anti-aging.

Janet H. Stoess-Allen, DMD
New York Orthodontist