Can Invisalign Be Used in my Case

Here is a picture of my upper jaw 1. Can Invisalign be used if there is a big gap (which must not be closed, just exists). I am trying to close it at least partly now with brases but don't know how much it will work. 2. Can Inv. be used if there is so much crowding as I have. 3. My 2 front upper teeth are pressed up too much and need extrusion about 3 mm. Can Inv. do this? I am 36 years old. 4. I have implant in the place of 1 molar on the lower jew. Can this implant stand Inv.?

Invisalign

+2

Yes, invisalign can be used to straighten the teeth and close the gap partly.

After you are done with the invisalign treatment, you can close whatever leftover gap with either an implant, if there is enough space, or a bridge .It can be a type of Maryland bridge.I would not recommend to leave the space empty.That might affect whatever you achieved with the invisalign treatment.

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

You might be on the right track

+2

Yes, I can see you are already closing the space with braces. I really need to see your profile. It is also critical that I see your mid-line (this means looking at your bite and your face from the front).

If your mid-line is upper to the right and the left cuspid is too far towards the mid-line you are most likely doing the right thing. Still I would need to see your profile and your lower teeth and your bite before making a final decision.

Either way the space can be closed with the braces you have. The space doesn't even have to be closed all the way before you switch over to Invisalign to close the space completely thus avoiding an implant. Who wants an implant if you don't need it?

Don't worry one minute about the lower implant vs Invisalign. The implant will not move. Still, it has to be taken into consideration. This is another reason I need to see the entire dentition.

Yes, Invisalign will extrude your upper centrals if that is what is desired.

Gilbert H. Snow, DDS
Encino Orthodontist

Can Invisalign work?

+1

When choosing an option for straightening your teeth, it is important to consider what works best for not only your appearance, but your lifestyle as well. Invisalign effectively treats a wide variety of cases, including crowding, spacing, crossbite, overbite and underbite. Once the teeth are aligned thru braces or Invisalign you can succesfully replaced the missing tooth with a dental bridge or dental implant. A fixed dental bridge is an artificial replacement tooth (pontic) anchored to dental crowns on the adjacent teeth to hold it in place.Dental implants, on the other hand, are a permanent tooth replacement solution. Dental implants prevent jawbone deterioration because the pontic is attached to an artificial tooth root that is actually implanted in the bone. Because each smile has its own story and each person has a unique set of needs, always consider what makes feel comfortable doing.

Pamela Marzban, DDS
Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Am I a Candidate for INvisalign

+1

Although a more thorough examination would be necessary it certainly looks like you would be a good candidate for invisalign.  We can tell invisalign how much space want to keep to accomodate an implant.  Ask your dentist if he feels comfortable handling this type of invisalign case.  It would have no effect on the implant in the lower jaw

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign works great for minor crowding

+1

While there is a missing tooth in the upper jaw, closing the space would be challenging and likely not work well, if at all.  An implant or bridge would be better for the space, once Invisalign is complete.

Invisalign CAN extrude the front teeth, but it is easier and quicker to do with regular braces.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Braces for Adult with crowding.

+1

Judging only by this upper view it is hard to determine with certainty, a more thorough clinical examination is requires but it seems that invisalign would be a great option to straighten your teeth.  The space on your upper left side where you are missing a tooth may best be managed with an implant supported dental crown. 

Invisalign can preform many of the movements that normal braces can preform with great efficiency.  This case is an example of what invisalign is designed to do, deal with misaligned teeth and prepare for prosthetic replacement of a tooth with a dental implant.

As for the implant in your lower jaw, invisalign will not move that molar.  However invisalign can be used to move the teeth around the molar without concern over the effect on the implant.

Hope this helps.

Dan Hagi, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist