Invisalign Candidacy- Missing Molars

I have (2) missing molars (top right) located immediately before my wisdom tooth, which has already been extracted. Because of the missing molars, there has been some very slight spacing in the (2) teeth on either side of the canine. Am I a suitable candidate for invisalign or are you required to have no missing teeth at all? In addition, I plan to get (2)implants in place of the missing molars,once the teeth have been straightened. Any information is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Invisalign works great with missing molars..

+1

Ask your dentist to put in pontics into those spaces so that when you're wearing your aligners it will look like you have your two molars back..its fabulous..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign works for missiing teeth

+1

From your descripotion it sounds as though Invisalign is a good choice. Small spaces such as you have are readily closed with Invisalign provided they are not tipped enough that root movement is necessary to get them in to acceptable position. having a sufficient amount of space between roots is necessary if implants are to be placed. I would confirm with your restorative dentist that the movement to be done with Invisalign will optimize the space for implant accommodation. If so, then go for it!

R. William McNeill, DDS, MS
Mercer Island Orthodontist

Missing teeth and Invisalign

+1

From the description of your case I would say that Invisalign would likely work for you.  Invisalign can handle missing teeth since you are not planning to close a large space, but are planning implant supported tooth replacements to fill the gap.  One thing to assess is whether any of the teeth adjacent to the missing tooth area are severely tipped.  Sometimes uprighting tipped teeth requires braces.

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist

Invisalign with missing molars

+1

You should have no problem with invisalign if you are missing a couple of molars.  Once the spaces are closed as you stated you can have the implants placed.  Good luck with your treatment

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist