Cases of Relapse (Teeth Shifting Back) After Invisalign?

I had braces for a little over 2 years when I was 12. I am now 26 and my teeth seems to have shifted back to their original position. I have slight overcrowding and an overjet on my upper teeth. I want to know, can Invisalign correct this? How likely are the teeth going to shift back after this treatment? Thank you.

Yes, teeth can relapse after Invisalign!

+2

But the beauty of Invisalign is that you get clear retainers afterwards that look and feel just the Invisalign trays, so patients are more likely to wear them as opposed to the old plastic and wire ugly retainers of yesteryear.

All teeth will shift after teeth straightening if not held in place or a couple years. I always tell my patients that retainers need to be worn forever at nite if they want to keep their straight teeth. I still wear my retainer and I had braces 20 years ago.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign retainers to prevent teeth from shifting back

+1

After you complete your Invisalign Treatment, you will wear retainers at night (still clear/invisible, comfortable Invisalign trays) to prevent your teeth from shifting back.   You get new retainers 2 or 3 times per year and the new retainers keep your teeth in the ideal position.

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is a perfect solution for relapse after braces

+1

Invisalign is perfect solution for relapse of braces. Invisalign should resolve slight overcrowding and slight overjet easily. However, in general, any kind of tooth movement needs to have retention program for good prognosis by using retainers for life.

Michael Ayzin, DDS
Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist