Invisalign or Braces for Crowded and Crooked Teeth?

My teeth are crooked and have crowding issues, but they're not extremely bad. Taking into consideration the cost, pain and side effects, which is better between Invisalign and Braces?

Every ortho case is unique

+1

I would highly reccommend seeing someone for a consultation. Invisalign has many benefits in the fact that it is removable, but if you are not a good candidate the system wont work well or efficiently. Some cases still call for traditional braces, there are now certain lingual systems that may work well

New York Cosmetic Dentist

I would highly recommend traditional braces

+1

As a board certified orthodontist, I would highly recommend traditional braces. Many general dentist recommending Invisalign treatment do not have the training nor experience to understand fully all aspects of orthodontic treatment. I have experience with both, and I will be real honest. Invisalign is an inferior method to aligning teeth and bites when compared to traditional braces. Invisalign also requires a tremendous amount of dedication and cooperation on your part to even come close to achieving what invisalign says it can do. If esthetics during orthodontic treatment is your primary concern, consider clear braces or behind the teeth braces (IBraces-3M/Unitek).

Atlanta Orthodontist

Invisalign for treating crowded or crooked teeth

+1

Both Invisalign and traditional braces are conservative methods to treat your over-crowded teeth. Invisalign will probably cost a little more, but has an aesthetic benefit (invisible braces) over traditional braces. The little discomfort associated with tightening braces or changing Invisalign trays can be alleviated with an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen. With Invisalign, treatment may be a little faster and will likely require fewer office visits.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Both are same!!!

+1

Invisalign and regular braces work the same in moving teeth. Both are jsut different tools to move the teeth.

Pain and discomfort are minimal with both of them. The cost for Invisalign is slightly higher than the conventional braces as there is laboratory cost to associated

Bellevue Orthodontist