Should Invisalign Be Done Before Veneers?

Worn for overcrowded teeth.

Invisalign vs. Veneers: Which Should You Do First

+1

It depends. I tell my patients if they have good looking teeth that are crooked and not worn/chipped -- do Invisalign. If the teeth are worn/chipped/cracked and not too crooked - do veneers. If they are very crooked and worn and chipped - do both. When doing both - do Invisalign first. Move the teeth to the ideal position so that I may stay very conservative with my tooth preparation (how much tooth structure I have to remove).

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

If ortho is in treatment plan should be done before veneers

+1

Veneers require a certain amount of reduction of tooth structure, but it is best to make sure the teeth are in the best alignment possible to reduce the amount of tooth preparation. Also if there are large spaces between the teeth it is best to close them so the porcelain veneers dont create ledges for food entrapment which can lead to periodontal problems.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Yes

+1

All forms of final restoration should be done after any form of Orthodontic movement of the teeth. When you move teeth, your bite changes and teeth relationship to each other changes as well. So you want to make sure you get veneers done after all movements are done and stabilized. Otherwise, you will have to adjusted the restorations which might weeken it.

Bellevue Orthodontist