Can I Opt to Not Have Invisalign on Top Teeth?

I had attachments put on my lower teeth today, but wanted to wait for the top. I am supposed to get 3 of them on the top, but REALLY don't want them for several reasons. Can I refuse to have Invisalign on my upper teeth? Will the Invisalign still work? My top teeth have very little problems to begin with.

Not Recommended!

Treating only one arch is really short-changing yourself. It does not give the Dr. the freedom he needs to fully straighten your teeth. If a lower tooth is hitting an upper tooth, then it will never move. So we move teeth slightly during treatment to allow other teeth to move into position.

Dr T

Los Angeles Dentist

Yes, you can just treat one arch with Invisalign

Although you can treat only one arch with Invisalign if you choose, don't expect a price break. The dentist's overhead doesn't change just because you want to treat only one arch.

The results might be compromised a little, too. The position of the upper teeth sometimes dictate where the lower teeth can be moved.