What Should I Do if my Invisalign Attachments Fall Off?

How often do Invisalign attachments accidentally come off? What would cause that failure?

Invisalign buttons CAN come off

+1

Attachments for invisalign do not come off often, but they CAN.  Usually it is a bond failure (moisture contamination when placed?) but CAN be from eating foods that broke it.  While not an emergency, I would call the office to get a new one put on.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign attachments

+1

If any of your Invisalign attachments fall off, all you need to do is to call your dentist office and let them know what happened. Is very important if you do not wait more than 24 hrs because it can affect the fitting of your nest aligner. New attachments placement is easy and a fast comfortable procedure.

Pamela Marzban, DDS
Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Emergency: My Attachment Fell Off

+1

Attachments are the little tooth colored bumps that your orthodontist bonds to your teeth during Invisalign treatment to give the plastic aligners necessary surfaces against which to push for certain tooth movements. These attachments are critical to the success of your treatment and must be replaced as soon as they come off. While attachments can come off, it is extremely rare. Reasons why they might come off include the shape and position of the tooth to which they are attached, the condition of the enamel (fluorosis), or the way the attachments were originally bonded. Replacing them is easy but critical, so don't delay notifying your doctor.

Greg Jorgensen, DMD, MS
Albuquerque Orthodontist

Invisalign attachment fell off?

+1

Not too worry, it happens and may happen more than once. This is not an emergency just call your dentist and let them know and they can reattach it at your next appointment.  Continue wearing your current aligner and you should not have a problem

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Lost Invisalgn Attachment

+1

If one of your Invisalgn attachments fall off you should not be alarmed. It should not be considered  an immediate dental emergency. I recommend you contact your treating dental office so that it can be arranged to have a new attachment bonded in place. You can con continue to wear your current aligner over the missed attachment.   

Peter Ciampi, DDS
Toms River Cosmetic Dentist

Lost Invisalign Attachment

+1

I would advise that you first contact your dental office to see what they would recommend.  In our office we usually place too many attachments.  So if even 2 or 3 attachments fall off our patients have more than enough.  Usually the Invisalign case does not fail due to one missing attachment.   But definitely contact your dental office to let them know.  Good Luck! 

Peter Mann, DDS
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign attachments can pop off

+1

Invisalign attachments can fall off. It is possible that there was a bond failure when they were bonded or that the force of putting the aligner in and out caused them to pop off. I advise my patients that if they fall off, it is not an emergency, but that they should call the office and schedule an appointment to have them put back on in the near future.

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist