Is It Possible to Get Invisalign Attachment/button on the Back of One Tooth?

I started Invisalign 1 month ago. Since my rear bite is open it's taking 12-18 mos. I got buttons on almost every tooth except my front 2 top & front 2 bottom; no one notices anything unless I smile unusually wide. I was told I would later get a button on one top front. Can this be avoided? I'm a young attorney and pretty social. A button on the front tooth will be easily noticed. Can it be attached to the back of the tooth? What if I refuse it(i wouldn't mind a longer treatment)? Thank you.

Invisalign Attachments.

+2

Invisalign attachments are used for many reasons, these include securing the tray in the mouth, redirecting forces of movement and sometimes to help with holding auxiliaries(elastics).  Essentially the attachments act as handles on cupboard doors.  The Invisalign tray can easily push against the tooth(close cupboard door) but if you want to open that door you need a handle!!

These attachments can be placed on the back side of the teeth and for some movements can be as effective, this should be discussed with your provider.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Can I get an inside button

+2

All of the aligners are made at the begining and, unless you get a revision in treatment, the buttons have already been programed.  That said, even if an attachment has been programmed it is not absolutely necessary that you get in glued to your tooth....but the tooth may not move as programmed.  If you are getting a refinement, then ask your doctor if he/she can use an inside attachment or if it is absolutely necessary to use an attachment on a front tooth...usually there are different ways to  achieve a good result...just need to talk to the Doc!

Saint Louis Orthodontist