Should Invisalign Aligners Fully Cover Each Tooth? (photo)

I'm on my first set of aligners and I noticed that for my snaggle tooth, the plastic covers less than half of the front of the tooth (see pic). It's pretty visible from close range. Is this normal? I recall my dentist having to retake my top mold a few times because of trouble with that same tooth. Should I ask for new molds and aligners?

Invisalign Tray Should Cover Tooth

+1

Ask your dentist why the tooth is not fully covered. If it is due to a poor impression, then that impression should be retaken as many times as necessary to get perfection. Otherwise, it will definitely affect your results. 

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Aligners should cover the tooth

+1

From the photo that you have provided it does appear that the aligner does not cover the tooth correctly especially if you are on the first aligner.  I would have a new impression taken again.  Sorry to hear that you are having problems.  I am not sure the tooth is going to move if left the way it is. 

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Correct Invisalign Aligner coverage and fit is Important!

+1

Based on your photo I would say that your aligner does not cover your canine, as you call it, your "snaggle tooth", adequately.  The question I would ask is do you have any trouble putting your upper aligner on the teeth? If not, then the aligner should definitely cover the entire tooth.  The only limitation to full tooth coverage for Invisalign retainers is if a tooth or teeth are so far out of alignment or have such severe undercuts due to gum recession that the alligner can not be put in or taken off the teeth.  Good coverage and fit of the aligner is critical to successful movement and alignment of the teeth and without this the case may fail.

Wilton Cosmetic Dentist