Invisalign - Is There an Age Limit?

I'm 15 and I want invisalign. Can a 15 year old get Invisalign?

Invisalign Teen

+2

Traditional Invisalign provided several challenges for orthodontists when treating teens. Last year, a pilot project was undertaken to develop a product suitable for teenagers. This product was release world-wide in March 2009.

Invisalign Teen™:
• Includes all of the same high technology features of traditional Invisalign
• Has added compliance indicators to accurately measure patient wear time
• Compensates for erupting permanent teeth and ability to torque teeth
• 6 free replacement aligners

Eligible patients for Invisalign Teen™:
• Those who have lost all of their primary (baby) teeth
• Those with malocclusions traditionally treated with Invisalign

See an experienced Invisalign provider to find out if you are a candidate.

Toronto Orthodontist

How young for Invisalign Teen?

+1

There is no age limit. How many permenant teeth have erupted is the question. For Invisalign all teeth except wisdom teeth need to be in the mouth. Invisalign Teen allows space for the canines (Eye Teeth), 2nd premolars and 2nd molars to erupt. The earliest I have seen Invisalign Teen used at is age 10. By the age of 15 you should be ready for invisalign. Good Luck!

Samie Thabet, MD
Germantown Orthodontist

Teenagers can get Invisalign

+1

Teens are now getting Invisalign instead of the ugly braces of yesteryear. All you need is to have all your adult teeth erupted into your mouth and all your baby teeth gone. By 15 this has already occurred, so go for it!

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist