Will Invisalign Affect my Speech?

I am dietitian and my primary responsibility is to consult patients. I would like to know if invisalign affect my ability to speak properly.

Invisalign Efffect on Speech

+2

Invisalign has very little effect (if any) on speech.  I have treated many patients with Invisalign, and only a few have had a speech effect.  For those few patients who have a small lisp when they start Invisalign, I give them a fast, simple exercise to eliminate the lisp.  I am currently treating prominent Atlanta radio personality with Invisalign -- and she wears her trays on the air -- so I guess you could say that not only can you not SEE Invisalign -- you can't HEAR Invisalign either.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and Speech

+2

Invisalign does not affect my patients speech appreciably. There is. Little adjustment period initially because your mouth things they are food and your tongue says what's this stuff but after a week or two of adjustment people can't tell you are wearing them and you forget too!!

Lawrence Singer, DMD
Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign has little, if any, effect on speech

+1

The material Invisalign trays are made of is so thin that you can hardly tell that it is there.  For the first few days, you may notice a slight difference in speech as your tongue gets used to talking as it touches the edge of the tray, especially when you making S and T sounds.  But after that, there your speech should be normal.

Doug Depew, DMD
Atlanta Orthodontist

Invisalign and speech

+1

You will notice only a small effect on speech if anything at all.  The first few trays this might be a little more apparent as a lisp.  It will definitely go away fairly quickly and not be long term

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist