Invisalign - Clear Buttons?

I Just Got Invisalign.  All Advertisement Shows Completely Clear Trays. I was upset that my doctor put all these white colored buttons on my teeth,that look like food, barnacles, or calcium deposits. Most people do not know what these are. Originally I felt excited to get invisalign because I only have slight misalignment, now I feel awful with visible buttons all over my visible front and side teeth. Isn't there clear button stuff? Can I as a pt insist they remove these and only use the clear trays?

Invisalign buttons should match the teeth.

+2

I can see from the photo that the attachments are much whiter than the rest of your teeth..The dentist can put on clear ones that will look better. I recently did a case for a TV celebrity that felt the same as you do about the buttons. I redid the case and removed them all and now the Star and his agent are much happier. The treatment will take much longer now but everyone is happy.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Button Shade

+2

Hi TinTexas!

I would ask for a better shade composite for the attachments (buttons).  

It looks like your treatment wont be too long so I definitely recommend that you keep the attachments on even though you don't like them. They will be less noticeable if your dentist changes the shade, but more importantly they will help assure you get the quickest result with the best outcome. 

I know its annoying, but you will be happier in the end when your teeth are super straight! 

Best!

Dr. Alper

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and "Buttons"

+2

Those buttons surely don't look "invisible" and I can see why you are upset about them after expecting your treatment to be invisible.  Here are two options: First, have new ones placed in a less conspicuous shade.  There is probably a better shade match for your teeth available.  Or second, simply have them removed.  If you do this your teeth may not align perfectly because the buttons are designed to help the clear tray "grab" onto your tooth in situations where the tray alone would probably slip.  When the aligner is in place a better matching button should be nearly invisible.  Remember, of all the ways of correcting your problem, Invisalign is the least visible and most comfortable choice.  Try to focus on the lifetime of benefits you'll have after your teeth are straight!

Seattle Orthodontist

Invisalign and clear buttons

+2

Invisalign is a great way for patients to get straight teeth with clear trays in a shorter period of time.  The buttons are placed on the teeth so the Invisalign trays will have something to hold on and move your teeth in a faster more predictable way.  he trays are designed to move teeth if you wear the trays all of the time except for eating.  If you have the trays on, people will not notice the buttons.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign - Clear Buttons?

+2

Judging by your picture, ou are a beautiful lady, and you desirve the best!

As I can see it, you have options. As a patient, you of course can ask to remove attachments (buttons). Please do not expect results to be as nice as Invisalign software projected, if you decide to do that. Those bottons are scientifically researched and strategically placed there with a sole puprose to get your teeth straighter in a shortest period of time possible. I agree with you you, the ones in your mouth are very visible though.

I believe if you ask your dentist to replace them with color matching to your teeth, you both will be happier.

Hope this helps.

With your dental health in mind,

Michael Ayzin, DDS

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign attachments

+2

It is possible to do invisalign without the attachments, but your results may be compromised and treatment may take longer. The attachments help the teeth move more effectively and make certain tooth movements possible. To make your invisalign trays without attachment pop-outs in the trays, (after they have already been made with attachments) there will probably be an additional charge.

I also advise my patients of attachments and their beneftis and ask them if they are okay having them on their teeth before the trays are ordered. Good communication between the doctor and the patient is very important.  

New York Orthodontist

Do I need attachments for Invisalign?

+1

Your doctor certainly should have told you about the possible need for these 'buttons" (they're called attachments).  They are used for certain hard to do movements like rotations of round teeth and extrusions.  They can be removed, but you may not get a full correction.  You may be able to get them redone in a shade that blends better with your teeth however.

Saint Louis Orthodontist