Inverted Nipples, Implants and Lift

is it possible to get all these surgeries done at once with out paying a huge cost for each one as if I got them seperatly? Breast lift, invirted nipple repair, and breast implants.

Cost Reduced by Doing Breast Augmentation and Lift plus Nipple correction at same time? You Bet it is.

+2

Yes it is cost effectiive to do several procedures that make sense together.  This combination will go nicely together.   The augmentation actually indirectly helps push out the nipples.  When multiple procedures are done at the same setting the cost is efficient for the operating facility, for the anesthesiologist, and for the surgeon.  This allows a more affordable price fou you, over all.  Consult with a ABPS FACS surgeon.  My Best.  Dr Commons.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and nipple surgery

+1

Yes it is possible to do all 3 of the procedures at the same time. Although this strategy may cut down the costs of the procedures I do not believe it is the safest strategy. Your primary consideration (and that of your surgeons) should be safety and I believe the risk of the procedures done together are significant.

Depending on your specific situation and your goals I think you are best served by having the procedures done in stages. Sometimes after the breast augmentation mastopexy surgery, nipple surgery is unnecessary (the nipple becomes everted).

As always, it is best to consult with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and the risks/complications associated with each option.

Combining multiple plastic surgery procedures

+1

Yes, usually when you combine procedures there is a cost savings over having each procedure done separately.  For instance we charge a certain price for breast augmentation and a certain price for breast lift.  If you have breast lift and breast augmentation at the same time, the total cost is less than having the breast implants and the breast lift separately.  Additionally, the operating room and anesthesia fees would be less since you are only paying once instead of twice.  With combined procedures, however, it is important to ensure that you are not having too many procedures at the same time.  Your board certified plastic surgeon should be able to let you know what is safe.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Combining Multiple Breast Procedures in One Surgery

+1

The key with combining multiple procedures in one surgery is that there is one down-time/recovery and often the procedures go hand in hand to produce a more complete result. However, this must be done with your safety foremost in our mind. Some breast procedures when combined, can be risky or unwise to undertake. It seems like this should be easily accomplished in one setting.  Adding an additional surgery to the nipple must be approached cautiously to ensure that no damage is done to the blood vessels keeping that tissue alive.  Have a long conversation with your surgeon to ensure that you are both in agreement with what is possible.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Inverted Nipples, Implants and Lift-surgery all at once

+1

You do not post photos, so a definitive answer is difficult to give.  Depends on your amount of ptosis/drooping. I routinely perform augmentation and lift at the same time with excellent results, but the inverted nipple repair may need to be delayed.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Not a good idea

+1
The cost should be secondary to safety and the result. Combination of the lift and augmentation has much higher risk and adding nipple procedure will make it even higher.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift, nipple inversion, and implants

+1

I would caution to do the nipple inversion at the same time. I prefer to delay that because it adds another variable to the lift and implant surgery. In fact, sometimes depending upn the severity of hte inversion, the implants improve the inversion alone.

Breast lift with breast implants and nipple correction will reduce costs

+1

Combining cosmetic procedures, especially related procedures such as breast augmentation with a breast lift and correction of inverted nipples will help reduce the costs, often by as much as half. A word of caution about nipple inversion, discuss the technique carefully if you plan to be able to breast feed after the procedure.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast lift, aug, and nipple inversion repair done at once

+1

You may perform breast augmentation with lift and repair of inverted nipples all at once. The lift and augmentation can be performed at the same time if you have minimal to moderate degree of breast ptosis, i.e. sag, but not if you have moderate to severe ptosis. An examination by a plastic surgeon is needed to determine if you are a good candidate for all of the above procedures.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Should treatment of inverted nipples be combined with an augmentation and lift?

+1

A breast augmentation, lift and treatment of inverted nipples can all be performed at the same time. However, I generally recommend treating the inverted nipples separately for a few reasons. These can usually be performed in the office under local anesthesia and the total difference in charge should be little if at all.

In some situations, the augmentation part may help in allowing for some/greater nipple protrusion without treating them directly. Performing them separately allows the corrected nipples to be better protected from compressive dressings, etc. and may provide for an even higher rate of permanence of the result.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD