Can I Use an Inversion Table After Botox?

I typically use the inversion table (basically a headstand) every other day, which allows me to hang vertically upside down. This helps my spine and neck.

I just got Botox 2 days ago and was planning to wait for 2 weeks before using the inversion table. Will this cause a problem with my Botox (got some forehead, crows feet and middle frown lines done).

Inversion table and Botox

+1

It is recommended that after receiving Botox you should avoid rigorous activities or lying down for about 4 hours. I think 2 days after treatment should be OK.

Not a problem

+1

I must admit those inversion table always look so comfortable; gravity is hard on the body. Botox is a great medication not only for its cosmetic uses but also for its ability to stay localized. The recommendation for Botox is usually for the patient to stay vertical for at least 4 hours after injection. After this is is only for any position.

So enjoy your inversion table and your Botox, you'll be fine.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Inversion table should be ok 48 hours after botox

+1

I would have no concerns with using the inversion table 48 hours after the Botox injection. However, I would defer any recommendations to your injecting physician who may feel strongly about this.

Go ahead and use the table

+1

You should be fine - there is no need to refrain from using your inversion table after Botox.  The only precaution that I give patients is to not rub their eyes for the first few hours after the injections.  Otherwise, there is no need to refrain from any activities.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Not at all

+1

Feel free to use it.  You don't need to worry about the Botox at this point in time.  The Botox will stay in place after a very short time.  It takes 4 to 7 days to start working.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Hang upside down all you want!

+1

Usually we recommend that patients not bend over or lie down for 4 hours after Botox injection. This is to prevent the Botox from migrating to the muscle which opens the eyelid, which can result in a droopy upper lid.

The Botox is absorbed relatively quickly, so hanging upside down after treatment should not be an issue. To be on the safe side, wait at least 24 hrs. If you are waiting 2 weeks, you will certainly not have a problem.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Inversion should not be a problem after 24 hours.

+1

Dear Sue

The BOTOX absorbs into the muscle fairly quickly. I general advise avoiding rigorous physical activity for 24 hours. This would include inversion as well. I am primarily concerned with bruising not the movement of the BOTOX agent. After two days there should be absolutely no issues. However, when in doubt, speak with your treating physician and seek their advise as this is who you will be dealing with should there be an issue.