I am a woman in my early thirties. What is the Best & Least Invasive Procedure for Under-eye Puffiness?

I am a woman in my early thirties, & I have experienced puffiness under my eyes since I was a little girl. My puffiness is not severe, but bothersome. I am seeking advice as to what the best procedure would be to eliminate the issue. I have been doing research & thought Laser Blepharoplasty might be an option for me. I am interested in the procedure which would be the least invasive, however, actually rid me of the puffiness. The profile picture posted is of my eyes. Any suggestions?

Lower lid bags

+1

Hi

Sorry no picture seen.  The least invasive thing you can do is apply topical creams daily that may reduce the bag on a temporary basis.  I find these of little benefit and cumbersome for most.  Injectable fillers below the bags may camouflage the prominence.  Finally surgery is an option.  I think without good photos or a detailed evaluation it is difficult to advise you in the best way.  I look forward to seeing your photos.  Best of luck

Fillers, placed by an expert may effectively treat under eye puffiness

+1

In my practice I find that fillers do an excellent job at treating under eye puffiness.  By placing fillers under the eyes and in the upper cheek bone area, faces can be made to look younger and more attractive. 

There are many types of practictioners that use fillers and many levels of experience.  When doing your research, look for someone who treats a lot of eyes and has a lot of before and after images to share.  Place your face in skilled hands!

Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best choices are filler vs arcus marginalis release.

+1

Dear GEyes

Your photos are not available.  There is no substitute for a personal consultation.  Generally for someone your age, under eye filler is the best comprehensive approach.  However, it is possible that a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty with a rotation of the lower eyelid fat as living grafts into the top of the cheek might be an excellent alternative choice.

Under eye bags in a young person

+1

I am unable to view your images but puffiness in the lower eyelids can often be a familial trait.  I would agree with the recommendation to be evluated for thyroid disease, sinus problems, or other medical conditions that may produce puffy eyelids.  Without a photo I cannot make a recommendation as to whether fillers could be used to camouflage the bags.  Should you be a filler candidate, I strongly urge avoiding permanent products such as silicone.  Blepharoplasty is often the best option, even in relatively young patients.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Puffiness of the lower lids....least invasive options.....what works.

+1

Pufiness of the lower eyelids has many causes including thyroid conditions, allergies and other medically treatable conditions.  These shoudl be ruled out first.  The most common cause is fat that has pooched out from the eye creating a puffy lid.  This is best addressed with a transconjuctival blepharoplasty where the incision is placed inside the eyelid, but it is a surgical procedure.  It is not unusual to have puffiness as a family trait at an early age.  Usually other family members will have this too. 

Non-invasive options include a judicious and well applied injectable filler to smooth out the edges of the puffiness, but these are temporary and will only camouflage the problem, not really address it.  Occasionally lower lid laser tightening will help with this as well, depending on your individual circumstances, skin type, etc.  Good luck.

Gregory Branham, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your lower eyelid puffiness may be improved by a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment. Video attached.

+1

I read your concern. I do not see your photos. 

In most of my patients in their thirties, lower eyelid puffiness may be improved by filling the lower eyelid groove between your lid-bag and cheek. This would be the least invasive procedure for most patients. I prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler, for permanent results.

Regards from NJ:

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Invasive Lower Eyelid Treatment

+1

There are several reasons for which your lower eyelids could be puffy.  It may be due to excess skin, excess or displaced (herniated) fat, or inflammation.  The treatments for these causes are different and range from medical treatment for inflammation all the way to surgical eyelid enhancement (blepharoplasty).  Depending on your condition, certain non-invasive treatments (such as, laser tightening of the skin or Ulthera skin and fat tightening) may be useful by themselves or in conjunction with a blepharoplasty.  I did not see any pictures with your question; however, any advice that is more than topical merits an examination.  There are many well qualified, board certified plastic and oculoplastic surgeons in the New York Metro area that can help you with your problem.  Good luck!

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Least invasive surgery for treatment of baggy lower eyelids

+1

The least invasive yet effective wasy to treat lower eyelid baggy eyes is to have a transconj removal of fat pockets and laser resurfacing of the out skin. A consultation with a plastic surgeon is necessary to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon