Best Non Invasive Liposuction for a Morbidly Obese Male?

Hi, I am 285lbs, 5' 10", male, 25 years old. I've exercised and tried diets, nothing seems to work. I was looking at various non invasive liposuction options, as I have to work round the clock on weekdays, and resting at home is not an option, and prefer non surgical or non invasive methods. What is the best and proven non invasive liposuction option available for me ? I have fat male breasts and 52" waistline, pot belly. Losing even 5" would be great. Advance thanks and regards,

Best non-invasive fat removal

+1

As for non-invasive options for fat reduction, I prefer to use CoolScultping by Zeltiq, done in the office, return to work that day or the next, results seen in 2-3 months. You likely will have some loose skin though with your dimensions

Options for Morbidly Obese Male?

+1

Thank you the question.

Unfortunately, plastic surgeons will not be able to help you. You would be better served seeking consultation with your family practitioner/internists to rule out medical conditions associated with an inability to lose weight. Additional consultations with dietitians and/or personal trainers  may be helpful.

Otherwise, consultation with  bariatric surgery specialists may be helpful.

Best wishes in your quest for  weight loss and resulting improved health.

Liposuction in a morbidly obese person

+1

If you are morbidly obese, liposuction is not the procedure for you.  Liposuction is a contouring procedure and not a weight loss procedure.  If you have tried dieting and exercise and still have not seen results, then I would recommend having a consultation with a weight loss (gastric bypass) surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Non-Invasive Liposuction for a 285 pound Man

+1

I really hate to rain on your parade especially after the Patriots got schooled at the Super Bowl but I really need to. Respectfully, I think you nred to educate yourself further on what Liposuction is and what it can and cannot do. 

At the present time, at 285 pounds / 70 inches tall you have a BMI of 41 qualifying you as morbidly obese. This is the obesity degree qualifying you for weight loss (Bariatric) surgery such as Lap Band and Roux en Y gastric bypass.  There is NO doubt that to preserve your health and joints you MUST lose weight BUT Liposuction is NOT the way. Liposuction cannot remove more than 10 pounds. With your lean body weight being 164 pounds, even a loss to 185 pounds (which would drop your BMI to 26.5) would require a loss of 100 pounds. Such a loss CANNOT be accomplished by ANY cosmetive invasive, much less, noninvasive procedure. 

To lose such weight you need a bariatric operation OR you need to see a nutritionist and get on a diet which excludes carbohydrates and most fats combined with strenuous and regular exercise. 

As regards "noninvasive" liposuction, that beast, like the unicorn, is a mythical invention which does not exist. Trying to melt fat from the outsidfe using ultrasound, freezing or ancient Hindu incantations rarely melt fat to a significant degree. Moreover, when people refer to Liposuction as "noninvasive" I always wonder  if Liposuction is not invasive, what would qualify as such?  Regardless of the small holes through which liposuction is carried out, the fat is removed by being stabbed hundreds of times by several size steel tubes under suction. How can a stabbing feast in a clean sterile enviroment be remotely described as "noninvasive"?

Good luck in your weight loss quest.

Memphis, TN

Non-Invasive Liposuction for a Morbidly Obese Patient

+1

Most well trained surgeons would never perform liposuction of any kind on a morbidly obese patient as it would be of no benefit to them. The most fat that can be taken away SAFELY would amount to no more than 5-10 pounds.

There is no such thing as non-invasive liposuction because by its very nature of getting suction under the skin to remove fat it is invasive.

There are nonsurgical treatments to reduce fat, but again you would find them a total waste of your money as the amount of change wouod not even be visible in a morbidly obese or any obese patient.

If you have been unsuccessful in weight loss, use your funds for bariatric surgery. The time off work will be well worth the many years of extra lifesapan and good health.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Non-invasive lipousction for morbidly obese?

+1

If you are morbidly obese, I would suggest diet/exercise or if that has not worked, then speak with a bariatric surgeon about surgical options to reduce your weight.  Non-invasive procedures or liposuction is not an option.

+1

There isn't one. There really are no "great" non-invasive forms of Liposuction...Only very, very mild to modest ones from what I have seen at the national meetings we go to. And especially in situations of large amounts...Now in some "challenging" areas like the inner thigh, back of the arms and tummy, I have seen an advantage to the SlimLipo Laser Assisted Liposuction, but again, that is not non-invasive...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

In your state you will be wasting time and money on non-invasive fat removal whether it be Zeltiq or another modality. Furthermore, given your height weight ratio standard liposuction is contraindicated especially if your desired goal of surgery is losing 5" of waistline. A large part of that waist line is extra skin and that would not be affected by liposuction. If medically supervised diet and exercise do not work the next step is weight loss surgery. That should be done before any body contouring surgery in order to achieve a safe, desirable and reliable result.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Liposuction

+1

There is no non invasive form of liposuction.  Liposuction involves infiltrating fluid into the fat underneath the skin and then removing fat with suction.  There are other non surgical modalities that promise reduction in subcutaneous fat.  The results with these are limited at best.  I recommend diet and exercise to all of my patients to reduce weight and fat.  If you are truly morbidly obese and have had no luck with diet and exercise you should consult with a bariatric surgeon to see if there is a weight loss surgery that might be appropriate for you.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon