Non Invasive Eyelid Procedure for Guy Aged 19? (photo)

ive got dark circles, along with some fat which makes the eyelid look thick.it intensifies when i am looking at the to something above without moving the head,i want the lids to be "level"with the face(by which i mean it doesnt look like something sticking out)what would be my best bet?

A well-performed Injectable Filler treatment may be used to improve your lower eyelids.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photo which is blurry. In select cases, prominent lower eyelid bags may be improved by adding volume to the groove between your lower eyelid and cheek. This will not eliminate the bags or your discoloration, but may lead to a smoother appearance. In my practice, I prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. 

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark circle treatment

+1

Yes, in fact, the best treatment option for you is nonsurgical, not surgical.  That involves filler injection in the lower eye tear trough area.  Consult with someone familiar with injection around the eyes.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Good question. Non-surgery is the way to go.

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers are the treatment of choice for this.  I prefer Restylane for this area.  Please do your homework and find a top notch injector.  Please make sure you are getting real and not fake product.  Do not let any one inject you with silicone oil because is it cheap.  Well done these injections provide help well over a year, perhaps longer.

Lower eyelid bag treatments

+1

Hello Johnnyc,

At your age it's a genetic issue.  You have a few options and I'll list them from most to least invasive. 

1.  CO2 excision of the fat that is protruding in the lower lids.  This is done with an incision behind the eyelid (on the side touching the eyeball called the conjunctiva).  This has about 3 days of down time and will give you the most dramatic and long lasting results.

2. Minimal incision fat melting with a Diode laser.  This is done through a small cut in the skin and a laser fiber is feed into the fat bag and the fat is melted.  Works okay in younger patients.  Not much down time and few risks in experienced hands.

3.  Filler under your bags to camoflage the bags.  Works pretty well but you have to repeat it once a year.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon