Non-invasive/little to no downtime neck and/or chin liposuction? (Photo)

Hello, 27 year old who is looking to reduce the amount of fat under chin. I am 5'4" and around 135 pounds. Even when I get down to 120 I have this nagging neck fat that makes me never want to wear my hair up. Would I be considered a candidate? If so, is there a weekend sort of recovery (max) if I had it done on a Friday? What would the cost be? Thank you!

Liposuction under the chin

+3
Based on your questions and photos you seem an ideal candidate for liposuction. There is no noninvasive procedure that can match the result of small cannula liposuction. This is a minimally invasive procedure, but you should plan a week to recover appearance wise.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-invasive/little to no downtime neck and/or chin liposuction?

+2
Your photos suggest that a minimally invasive procedure under local anesthesia in the office called ThermiTight would be a great option. This can dissolve the fat and tighten the skin with the first temperature-monitored (using a thermal camera) Radio Frequency (RF) system for the best results and best safety. 

Only a handful of surgeons know of, let alone have the training and technology to offer this to their patients. Search your area for a physician that can offer you various options, including ThermiTight by ThermiAesthetics. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Non-invasive/little to no downtime neck and/or chin liposuction

+2
I recommend SmartLipo + lipo + ThermiToghtRF operation under local anesthesia. But as for only 3 days to "fully" recovery is doubtful... 

Submental liposuction--works well when there is good skin elasticity

+2
Patients who are young and have good skin elasticity are excellent candidates for submental liposuction to remove the fat under the chin. This is usually performed under local anesthesia (with possibly some oral medication to decrease anxiety and pain). The recovery is about 5-7 days. The incision is a very small "stab" incision under the chin, closed with several small sutures that are removed at one week after surgery. A "jaw bra" must be worn in the post-operative period (about 5 days) to help contour the neck and create pressure on the surgical site to diminish bleeding under the skin.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or Ulthera

+1
Some people develop fat under their chin as they age, while others have had some fat there since they were children. It sounds like your situation may be the latter, in which you have always had some extra fat under your chin. My patients with similar issues have had great success with Smart Laser Liposuction of the chin. My patients typically have this procedure performed on a Thursday so they can typically return to work by Monday. You will still have mild-moderate swelling, but you would be able to return to work. 

Another good option for you might be to try Ulthera. This technology uses micro-focused ultra sound to tighten area around the face and chin. It only requires one treatment to see results. OTC motrin or tylenol is all that is needed for pain management. Down time consists of 1-2 hours after the procedure that your skin might be red or feel discomfort. 

Navin K. Singh, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

SlimLipo laser liposuction for chin/neck fat

+1
Laser liposuction, such as SlimLipo is a good option to remove the small amount of fat that you have and to help tighten the skin.  Next

However none of these procedures are truly weekend procedures.

Although they can be done under local anesthesia you will need to wear a compression garment for several days after the procedure and you should expect the possibility of bruising in the area and on your neck and swelling.

You need an honest recommendation.  An my honest recommendation is that you should plan to not be placed into important social or work position for probably 7 to 10 days after the procedure no matter how minimal the procedure is.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Chin liposuction

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
You appear to be a candidate for submental liposuction. This is a relatively minor procedure that I commonly perform in my office. If the procedure is done on a Friday you can go back to work on Monday. The cost varies by doctor and location. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Neck Liposuction

+1
Neck liposuction works very well for the right type of person.  Based on the pictures that you have provided it appears as though you are a great candidate for neck liposuction.  You could think about noninvasive measures (thermage, etc), but I have found the results are poor.  At my office I have a state of the art VASER liposuction system which really helps to shrink the skin down after the neck liposuction.  It is a quick procedure that can be done under minimal anesthesia and is very safe.  Most people have some mild bruising, but some have less, and if so it is concealable by makeup.  Recovery time is quick and you can get back into most activities in day (a weekend would likely be ample).  I do like to use compression afterwards for a limited time as well.  Cost ranges around $3,500 to $4,000 depending on the examination and extent of liposuction.  Best wishes.

Matthew G. Stanwix, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon