Is Intralase Femtosecond Bladefree Lasik Safest for Dry Eyes?

I am 25,indian female,nearsighted since was 6.My refractive powers- left eye: myopic=-10.5 astigmatism= -2.5*170 axis.Right eye: myopic -5.5 astigmatism=-1.75*180 axis. Doctor says my left eye is 'lazy' and even after doing 'intralase femtosecond bladefree lasik' ,vision with left eye will be 6/9 and 6/6 in right .I got relatively larger pupil and flatter cornea.offlate my eyes are dry as well. Will I get night vision problems.He says it wont be noticeable since both eyes work together.

Is the Femtosecond Laser Safest for Dry Eyes

+2

I have been using the Intralase femtosecond laser exclusively since 2003 and I have seen a significant decrease in prolonged dry eye postoperatively. I believe everyone who has LASIK has temporary dryness for about a week, but I have seen no cases of dryness that in anyway can compare to dryness that occurred in the mechanical LASIK days. It is my belief that the femtosecond laser is the first and most important step towards getting a great  LASIK outcome!

Web reference: http://www.kameen.com

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Consult another surgeon for more information

+1

You have some unique eyes.  Consult another surgeon for more information, but none of what you post is out of line.

New York Ophthalmologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.