An Intra-buttock Lift (No Fat Transfer or Implants) at the Crease First or Mini Tummy Tuck

I have been told by board certified surgeons I don’t qualify for a fat transfer to buttocks. I want to have a traditional butt lift (done at the crease) separately from a tummy tuck (removal of a lot of excess skin and muscle repair). In my area there are only 2 surgeons that specialize in the buttocks which means two separate surgery dates. Based on good health and no liposuction, which procedure should I do first? Is it safe if in good health to have them done 5 weeks apart? This is my plan

Butt Lift Procedure Recommendations

+1

Thank you for your question. There is no formula for this. Trust the expertise of your board certified plastic surgeons, openly discuss your questions and concerns, and trust their input and experience. I hope this helps!

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Buttock lift

+1

I can not understand why you are not a candidate for fat trasfer to the buttock unless you do not have any fat to donate.

if you need a tummy tuck, the dermis and fat (DERMIS FAT GRAFT ) for buttock enhancement is a good alternative. done at the same time the abdominoplasty is done.

A scar in the infragleuteal crease is a TERRIBLE scar.

Pictures will help give you better advise

A A Tummy Tuck (Abdomionoplasty) is Best done BEFORE a Buttock Lift

+1

The length of the interval between a Tummy Tuck and a Buttock Lift is more a question of comfort and quicker recovery than one of safety. Both operations can be done as one procedure - Lower Body Lift. But, the duration of the operation and recovery are much longer as are the rates of complication (especially, blood clot formation (DVT) and clot movement to the lungs (PE)).  There is nothing wrong with choosing a single procedure if you are aware of the complications involved. There is nothing wrong with choosing to accomplish the same goal with 2 separate operations.

In my opinion, a five week interval is possible but I would urge you to consider a longer interval like 2 to 3 months. That would allow complete healing before undergoing another operation.

I would do the Tummy Tuck first. In performing a Buttock Lift, experienced surgeons often flex the OR table the patient lies on a bit to avoid taking too much lower back skin. Doing so reduces the odds that too much skin is removed and will avoid tension on the lower back wound unless the patient is completely bent over. In doing a tummy Tuck, the patient is slightly flexed on the OR table to remove as much loose tummy skin as possible. I think it would be prudent to get that flexion and operation done before the Buttock lift so as not to needlessly strain and pull on a Buttock lift incision.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea