Proper Interval Between Cosmetic Surgeries Under General Anesthesia?

The doctor I would like to use for my body procedure (Liposuction) and the facial plastic surgeon (Facelift) are different. How long should I separate the two procedures?

Delay between cosmetic surgeries

+2

If we need to go back to surgery, we go back the night of. If we choose to go back, then you have as much or as little time as you'd like. I think you should do your liposuction first, recover somewhat from that and as you see things are going well then schedule your facelift.

Best Wishes,

DoctorMeade

Liposuction and facelift timing

+2

Having combined procedures, especially a long procedure including liposuction does increase your chance of blood clots. Assessing that risk depends on many factors such as health, age and complexity of the procedures, as well as skill of the surgeon to complete the operation expediently.
Also aftercare should be considered so the patient can be formally monitored for safety.

Time interval between surgeries

+1

The risk of DVT (deep vein thrombosis) is higher when 2 procedures are performed within 1 month of each other. You should also be fully recovered from one procedure before proceding with the next one.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Interval Time between Cosmetic Surgeries

+1

This would best be answered by the plastic surgeon doing the second procedure. In my practice I would recommend waiting a minimum of a few weeks following the liposuction procedure if you need to do it for some reason as soon as possible. If not waiting 6 weeks would give you lots of time to recover from the first procedure.

Interval between general anesthesia cases

+1

There are several factors in this decision including your general overall health and if you have any medical conditions. It can be done the same day for some patients and for others is best to wait weeks to over a month.

Proper Interval Between Cosmetic Surgeries

+1

Two or three weeks between procedures would be adequate. Ask the two surgeons for their recommendation. I would do both the liposuction and facelift at the same time. Your surgeons could each do their respctive procedures the same day so you can avoid two separate anesthetics.  

Separate liposuction and facelift procedures by one month

+1

It is appropriate to have both the liposuction and the facelift separated by approximately one month so as not to have any issues regarding healing or blood clot formation of the legs.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Facial Surgery and Body Contouring Surgery

+1

Facial cosmetic surgery and body contouring surgery can be done at the same. The general rule is that you don't want the surgery lasting more then about 8 hours. If proper precautions are take there shouldn't be a problem.

If you mean the two doctors don't operate at the same facility then I would recommend waiting 6 weeks after the liposuction to do the facial surgery.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Safety in Liposuction, facelift, general anaesthesia

+1

Dear Toppa,

There is not one correct answer for your question. The interval between surgeries is best dictated by your surgeon and the team that they work with. The interval range can be from a day or 2...or several months depending on the amount of surgery and your general health.

Multiple Procedure Sequence

+1

I would recommend the lipsuction procedure first and then the facelift.  The timing is really dependant on the patient and how well things are going.  I generaly recommend about a 5-6 week interval for patient who want to undergo multiple surgeries.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-facelift-newport-beach.php