International Candidate for BBL? (photo)

I'm flying internationally to get a BBL procedure but am finding it difficult to pick the right surgeon. Would sitting on a 15 hour flight 2-3 weeks post surgery be in anyway problematic to results? Is getting insurance for a procedure like this recommended? I haven't had any surgical admissions before, what would happen if there was a reaction to the anaesthetic or if there were an adverse event? Is 1 consultation just before I arrive enough?

Brazilian Butt Lift / Butt Augmentation Toronto

+2

I would not recommend that.  The risk of having a serious complication such as a DVT/PE is significant after this surgery if you go on a 15 hour flight.  You are young and healthy.  Don't risk your health for a BBL.  Find someone in your country.  There are good surgeons in most countries that can do this surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drpirani.com/body-contouring-toronto/brazilian-butt-lift/

International Candidate for BBL?

+2

I think that if you are healthy and have no medical issues, one consultation may be enough.  I have a protocol for all of my out of town patients based upon medical risk assessment.   The issue of flying can be aided in some respects by getting up every 30 minutes to an hour for the duration of the flight.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

International Travel for Gluteal Sculpting

+1

International travel for gluteal sculpting with fat transfer may be tricky.  You may need to find a place for a 6-8 weeks to stay during your recovery. Having several consults is strongly suggested.  Sitting on an International flight for 15 hours 2-3 days after the procedure is not recommended!!

Dr. ES