What to Do About Internal Tummy Tuck Stitches Poking out of Scar?

I had a TT about 2 mos ago. The scar right above my pubic area was sealed pretty tight and actually healing the best so far. Recently I noticed something poking through my skin and it appears to be a clear stitch.When I first noticed it, I was wearing the silicone strips every day. I since stopped wearing them over that area and have been cleaning it with perioxide and putting some anti-bacteria ointment on it but I was wondering if this is normal and how will it resolve and/or heal itself?

Spitting a stitch

+3
You are spitting a stitch, in the surgical vernacular. Return to your plastic surgeon to have it removed rather than self-treating. It will not heal itself unless and until the suture is removed.

Stitch from incision

+2

Sometimes a dissolvable suture will "poke out" from the incision.  Once the suture has made its way outside of the body it will no longer dissolve. A quick visit to your surgeon's office can remedy the situation.  It generally just needs to be clipped.  

Katy Plastic Surgeon