Internal Suture in Tip, How do I Know if It's Snapped or Shifter?

Hi! I had rhinoplasty about 3 months ago and I feel like my nasal tip is being irritated by the permanent suture that was placed there. What signs are present when the suture has snapped or shifted? Thanks.

Internal Sutures in Rhinoplasty Procedure

+1

Any irritation is likely not due to the suture shifting, but rather from
it being the site of some irritation.  You need to discuss this with
your doctor.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Internal suture

+1

It is not very likely that an internal suture would be the source of great irritation - if you have concerns see your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD

Tip sutures

+1

I use tip sutures that usually dissolve. They last long enough for the bodies natural healing process to keep things together.

Internal tip sutures will not snap

+1

Sutures in the tip after rhinoplasty only hold for the first two weeks or so, and then the healing process will hold the tissues without the help of a suture. The sutures will not snap or shift once the healing has occured. Irritation? Maybe, if the knot is upward against the skin of the tip you might have irritation, but I'll bet your surgeon was careful to avoid this.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD