BA Stitches Opened Up and Yellow/Bloody Drainage. Right Breast Appears Abcessed. Can Internal Stitches be Removed?

My right breast after augmentation with lift opened up and now has white blood cells upon culture of the yellow sometimes bloody drainage. I can visibly see the internal stitiches and I also have a spot at the lower section of my left breast. My right breast appears to be absessed and sloughing down from the top, breast does not hurt anymore than the left breast, can I be having a reaction? can the internal stiches be removed? culture negative for bacteria, Doctor seems to point toward implant

Retained suture knot needs to be removed

+1

It appears that you have a suture knot that has become infected and worked its way to the surface.  The suture needs to be removed.  Once removed the area will heal normally.   All that is required at this point is to have the sutures, which at this point are acting like a foreign body, removed and proper wound care.  If you develop an invasive infection then antibiotics are required.

Breast implant infection?

+1
It is possible that your implant is infected despite the negative culture. Once the implant has been exposed, there is a substantial risk that it will not be salvageable. Without photographs and more details, I would not want to define or characterize the nature of your problem but you should be seeing your plastic surgeon in active followup, be on antibiotics, and possibly undergoing debridement of the problematic area, at a minimum.

Breast Augmentation and Abcesses

+1

Sadly your question is one that cannot be addressed without a consultation.  The surgeon needs to both see and examine your breasts to determine what is exactly occurring.

If the problem is just that the very outermost layer of the incision has opened, then often this can heal from the bottom up and the implants and augmentation can be salvaged.  The scar can revised at a later date to maximize the aesthetic result.  However, from your description, it appears there is more going on than just a simple skin seperation and so I strongly urge you to contact your surgeon and be seen as soon as possible.  

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon